Comptia Programs


I am currently working on the more technical side of my IT career and my current company really loves Comptia Certifications. I'm wanting to get my CCNA in 2019 and they suggested I start with the Comptia Network + Exam. I attended WGU and through them I have access to books 24x7 which is a great resource on books. There I was able to find the original Comptia Network + study guide so I read it to start my preparation for the test. While I was in the middle of working on that I had an ad pop up on my Facebook for a $10 training for the Network + through https://www.nexgent.com/ so I signed up for the course. It is a video course and I went through the course while staying with the chapter in the book that went with it. I took all of the practice test in the book and through Nexgent very seriously doing deeper study on anything I missed. I then used Professor Messer's https://www.professormesser.com/network-plus/n10-007/n10-007-training-course/
just to solidify anything that I was weak in. He also has quizzes that you can take. I especially enjoyed his 7 second subnetting lesson which I used on the exam for several questions.
When I took the exam I started by writing out the subnetting tables that Professor Messer laid out in his training. I had a little trouble with on of the simulations that kept closing and I felt like I was spending too much time on it so I flagged it and went on to the next question. I got through all of the questions with about 40 minutes to spare so I went back and took care of the simulation question. I ended up passing with a 841.

The company I work for then offered to put me through a Comptia Security Plus class through New Horizons in San Antonio. I went to the class in their center and it was a live class, but over the internet. The first day was fine, but the second day they started doing construction in the center and there were loud saws and hammering so I left at lunch and did the rest of the class from home. I ended up doing the rest of the week from home as well and it worked out well as I didn't have to make the long drive to the center. It was a good class, my only complaint was that it could have easily been a 3 day class vs a 5 day class as we moved through the material at a pretty slow pace. I then used my resources through WGU and read two official Comptia books, one was the study guide and the other was the review. I learned new things in each of these books that I didn't learn in the class. I also did Professor Messor's free videos and took his practice tests. Some of the questions on his practice test were similar to the actual exam questions. I didn't do as well on this test as I did on the network + as I scored a 770 but I did pass the exam. Some of the questions I really felt two answers were correct when there was only one answer so I must have missed some small detail. I hope this helps you in your journey for these Comptia exams.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boerne Lawn Care

Boerne Lawncare